Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Traitor

Traitor

It’s official. I’ve switched back to World of WarCraft. I feel like such a traitor to EVE. I really enjoyed EVE, and the complicated nature of the game appealed to me. It took a lot of thinking to make it all work.

Unfortunately that may also have lead to its downfall. When I got busy with schoolwork, the last thing I wanted to do during my free time was to “think”. WoW offered a mindless solution to that. Also, no friends of mine played EVE with me, so it did get lonely. However, I’m now back playing with them on WoW.

And its fun too. For the first time ever in the game I’ve found a Guild that I enjoy. A guild in WoW is like a company in EVE, or an Outfit in PlanetSide. It’s a group of people who play together and help each other out. They have already helped me out in leveling two characters to the max level in game (something I never did before, because I got too bored prior to this return).

And we use Ventrilo to communicate. It does come in quite handy in situations where you need to give instructions or notify someone of something in a hurry and typing falls short.

So in following one friend, I’ve made several new ones. Some might scoff at these new friends, who I’ve never seen a picture of, but we know better; thanks to the miracle of hyperpersonalism.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my new friends have the character names of Badhorse, Doomtalon, Thorgart, Duffy, Arhythmia, Amillina, Tenoaks, Jarax to name a few.

    Take a look here for more names (some of which are the same player, different character)

    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Demon+Soul&gn=Running+With+Scissors

    ReplyDelete